Have you ever heard the saying, “you’ve got to spend money to make money?” Well this is never more true than in the ever evolving world of real estate. It is easy to succumb to the temptation of saving a few bucks and trying to sell your house on your own but at what risk? I highly suggest talking to someone that has attempted this exact money saving situation and chances are they would never recommend going this route and here’s why….
* Real Estate Agents are Good Marketers: Sure you can post your home on facebook for your friends and family to see, maybe even have it included in a for sale by owner website but unfortunately the exposure is just not up to par. Experienced realtors on the other hand know how to advertise and promote the most praised features of your home and gain the most interest. As a licensed realtor they also have access to putting your home on highly popular sites such as zillow, homefinder, and trulia to name a few.
* Real Estate Agents are Great Negotiators: Negotiations go much beyond just the financial bottom line in real estate. There are negotiations made almost every step of the way in selling a home ranging from closing costs to necessary repairs and more. The benefit to having an agent do these is that they are not emotionally involved in the process in the same way you would be about your beloved home.
* Real Estate Agents Have a Knack for Property Pricing: I think each and every one of us probably assume our home is worth more than it is and that every other home on the market is worth less than they are asking. I’m sure this has to do with the fact that you spent 4 whole weekends retiling your bathroom, or watched your youngest child learn to walk in the dining room, or know the degree of dedication you have had in maintaining your home. It is hard as home-owners to separate our nostalgia from the black and white lines of the market. Realtors are able to help determine the best price for your home that ensures you are still happy with not only the financial end of the sale but the speed in which it is accomplished.
* Real Estate Agents Have a Passion for What They Do: It is easy to separate the successful people in life versus the less than successful and the deciding factor usually involves passion. A realtor that has a true love of the job can make a seemingly painful task such as selling your home into a seamless and enjoyable process. Plus with a dedication to their job they are sure to work hard as your advocate, going to bat for you whenever the going gets tough. This will help you avoid the inevitable headaches that come along with the home buying/selling process.
* Last but Certainly Not Least, Real Estate Agents are Experts: Not just anyone can become a real estate agent and even less can become a successful and respected one. Realtors know how to read the market, know when to place your home for sale, what improvements are necessary, who the target audience should be, what to price your home, and how to successfully navigate the entire process of selling/buying your home.