Every realtor can attest that improving your curb appeal is one of the best ways to sell your home. If you can’t get people to take interest in your home from the outside there is a slim chance they will be interested in seeing the inside. The great part about it is that you don’t need to spend a lot of time, money, or effort to make a big impact. Here are some of the easiest and most effective weekend projects that you can do to in 2 hours or less.
* Eliminate all Clutter: While it may be easier to leave the kids bicycles, the watering cans, and your yard tools in the yard, it automatically makes the potential buyer assume that since the yard isn’t clean than the house wouldn’t be either. Keeping your clutter under control gives the impression that you keep your house neat and tidy.
* Give Your Mailbox a Make Over: It’s amazing what a big difference that a fresh coat of paint will make on your mailbox. As people are driving and trying to find your address one of the first things that they look at is your mailbox. If it is faded, chipped, or falling apart it is the first thing that they will think about the rest of your home. In as little as an hour you could freshen it up with an inexpensive can of spray paint!
* Update or Replace Your Front Door: The front door is obviously the first step to getting inside your home. If the door squeaks, has a flimsy door handle, or shows a ton of wear and tear it does not give the best first impression. Head down to your local hardware store and buy new hardware for the door, something that makes a statement. Remove the door from the hinges and slap on a fresh coat of paint, preferably an eye catching hue. Once your done the impact will immediately be obvious!
* Plant Flowers: You don’t need to revamp your entire landscaping but adding a few tulips here and some brightly colored daisies there are very attention grabbing and can make a whole yard appear manicured. And speaking of yards, it’s always a good idea to keep your yard regularly mowed when you are trying to sell.
* Adding Hardware To Your Garage Door: As you can see in the photo, adding a few well placed brackets make the entire door appear more expensive, sturdy, and adds style to the exterior of your home!