As an experienced realtor it is uncommon that I walk into a home and am in sheer amazement. Amazed at not only the openness, attention to detail, and beauty but at the absolute perfection from top to bottom. This exact thing happened the moment I walked in the door at our new listing in Markleville. The sheer magnitude of the property is enough to cause you to stop in your tracks but delving even deeper into the home and taking note of the flawless craftsmanship in this Riffey built home gives you an even deeper appreciation for the architecture and design that went into making this home. Located on 17 acres in the justly popular Pendleton School district and only 5 miles from Hoosier Park this home is ideal for horse lover in your life. In addition to the fenced in pasture it also features a 5 stall horse barn with office. I could go on and on about the interior of the house from the soaring great room with the floor to ceiling fireplace, the luxurious master spa, or the gourmet kitchen but without seeing the pictures it would not be doing it justice. Take the time to look at the pictures and set up your own personal tour! This eye catching, breath taking, mold breaking home won’t last long on the market.
Sometimes we have a hard time seeing the signs that are right in front of us which is why I have compiled this list of ways you can tell it is time to start shopping for a new house!
* You’ve been pondering the idea of “building on.” For anyone that has done this the time, effort, and money are rarely in your favor. Instead finding a house that has the space you need makes much more financial sense.
* After the kids have moved out you can’t remember the last time you’ve even used their rooms, heck, you can’t even recall if you’ve been upstairs at all the past 2 weeks. Instead of having to clean, heat, and maintain all of that unused space you may want to consider downsizing to a more manageable and practical home.
* You have broken up more than one fist fight over the use of the bathroom in the morning. In an effort to keep family peace it may be time to find a home with more bathrooms.
* You pay a monthly fee at a storage unit for all of your over-flow “stuff”. Clearly you are in desperate need for more storage in a new home.
* Driving 2 hours round trip to work has become second nature to you. Why not reclaim that 10+ hours a week to actually do something you enjoy and move closer to your job.
* You’ve invested in a double dead-bolt, a motion light, and an alarm system and you still feel like your house is vulnerable when you leave. It is clear that you need to move to a town with a much lower crime rate to allow for more peace of mind.
* It’s a race home for your family to see who gets to park in the garage on those cold winter nights. Finding a home that has a garage big enough for all of your cars is not only nice and convenient but greatly extends the life of your automobiles as well.
* At the end of every month you are hoping and scraping together enough money to barely pay the mortgage. Too much stress makes for a miserable life. Instead lesson your burden and find a more financially manageable home before you get behind on your payments and lose the home entirely.
* For the past 8 years you have rented a lovely small home for $700 a month….wait, you just realized you have spent over $67,000 (enough to buy that lovely, small home) and have little to nothing to show for that. Make the next 8 years count and find an affordable home you can take pride in.
* Last but not least… you are bored with your surroundings! A change of scenery is a wonderful thing. New walls to decorate, new neighbors to meet, new experiences to be had!
Becoming a home owner doesn’t mean you need to spend more than you can afford. In fact, I can’t stress enough how you should stay within your budget in order to have a pleasant home buying and home owning experience. I can certainly understand the appeal of buying a home that fits all of your needs but did you know that you can stick within your budget while purchasing the home that is ideal for you and your family? In fact here are a few of our current listings that are priced very reasonably under 100k but also contain many of the features, space, and location that most potential home-owners are searching for.
* 55 Oak Ct…Greenfield: This beautiful 2 bedroom, 2 full bathroom brick home has a specious floor plan, a one car attached garage and is conveniently located in a cul-de-sac which cuts drastically down on traffic. This is a steal at only $95,900!
* 1202 Flatrock Dr…Anderson: This 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom home has a privacy fenced in back yard and a beautiful wood deck, perfect for entertaining! With walk in closets and a garden tub you will certainly not be giving up any luxury in this home! This is amazingly still priced at under $100,000!
* 209 N John St….Pendleton: This 2 bedroom brick home is bursting with charm and character. Not only does it have the original hardwood floors in the dining room and bedrooms but it also has newer windows and roof. Sitting on 2 city lots this home offers you all of the amenities and ideal location that you are looking for in a home! Plus the price is right at $94,900!
* 612 S Broadway St…Pendleton: This cozy 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom home is ideal for the first time home buyer or empty nesters. It has a great little fenced in back yard with a covered patio and garden area. The location allows for walking distance to in town Pendleton! Plus with a price tag of 79,900 you will certainly get your moneys worth.
More Great Listings Under 100k:
Every realtor can attest that improving your curb appeal is one of the best ways to sell your home. If you can’t get people to take interest in your home from the outside there is a slim chance they will be interested in seeing the inside. The great part about it is that you don’t need to spend a lot of time, money, or effort to make a big impact. Here are some of the easiest and most effective weekend projects that you can do to in 2 hours or less.
* Eliminate all Clutter: While it may be easier to leave the kids bicycles, the watering cans, and your yard tools in the yard, it automatically makes the potential buyer assume that since the yard isn’t clean than the house wouldn’t be either. Keeping your clutter under control gives the impression that you keep your house neat and tidy.
* Give Your Mailbox a Make Over: It’s amazing what a big difference that a fresh coat of paint will make on your mailbox. As people are driving and trying to find your address one of the first things that they look at is your mailbox. If it is faded, chipped, or falling apart it is the first thing that they will think about the rest of your home. In as little as an hour you could freshen it up with an inexpensive can of spray paint!
* Update or Replace Your Front Door: The front door is obviously the first step to getting inside your home. If the door squeaks, has a flimsy door handle, or shows a ton of wear and tear it does not give the best first impression. Head down to your local hardware store and buy new hardware for the door, something that makes a statement. Remove the door from the hinges and slap on a fresh coat of paint, preferably an eye catching hue. Once your done the impact will immediately be obvious!
* Plant Flowers: You don’t need to revamp your entire landscaping but adding a few tulips here and some brightly colored daisies there are very attention grabbing and can make a whole yard appear manicured. And speaking of yards, it’s always a good idea to keep your yard regularly mowed when you are trying to sell.
I’m sure I am not telling you anything new when I say that the harsh winter we had did not do any favors for the housing market. In fact, February of this year compared to February of last year the number of closed home sales decreased a whopping 13.1%. While this is certainly a big decrease it is important to remember that weather really does play a big part in this and the market itself is alive and well. Low inventory was also a culprit in the negative numbers that hit us this winter but that also can be blamed on many people not wanting to list their home in the snow. Now that winter is officially over it is a whole new ball game. The good news is that home values remained in-tact and all predictions point to a booming year in real estate if the inventory increases.
With that being said I cannot stress enough how this is a wonderful year as a seller. The housing prices are rising so those of you who have wanted to sell but initially thought you were underwater on your mortgage, you may finally be able to get out from under your house. Putting your house up for sale this spring/summer is definitely a wise idea since it is always hard to determine if the housing market will remain steady next year or the year after. What we do know is that for now things are looking positive and housing prices have nearly completely recovered from the years and years of the housing market crash.
If you are wondering what your house could be listed for, wanting to know how we can market your home using multiple forms of advertising and social media marketing, or want advice on what to do to get your home ready to sell, my team would be happy to come out and do a free analysis on your home. Our no pressure approach will allow you to make the best financial decision for you and your family and allow you to make all decisions regarding the sale of your home. We look forward to hearing from you!